Sandi Akres Speech Therapy Services - Specific Speech Therapy for Children

Speech Therapy to Go
powered by

My Blog

Ideas for the Park

Speech therapy to Go

Going to the Park

Kids just love playing outside!! Going to the park is a fun activity to do your Speech Therapy on the Go. Here are some ideas:
Instructions/Listening: directions for playing in the park can vary from simple to more complicated. Simple instructions can be " throw ball to daddy" or "give the ball to mommy." More complex instructions may be " give mom the ball before you fetch the bat."
Language: The Past Tense: If your child has mastered the regular past tense such as jumped; walked, use opportunities to model the irregular past tense, for example threw the ball; caught the ball; took the ball; ran around the park; ate a cookie etc. The past tense is easily elicited with a sentence such as 'what did you do'
Language: Vocabulary and Concepts: There is an abundance of new words / concepts to be learned within the park theme. Concepts such as high/ low (seesaw); quick/slow (when running); up/ down on the jungle gym; near/ far when throwing a ball etc. The park is full of different colors and shapes for learning-this is a perfect opportunity to run and play 'touch .' The aim is to run and touch colors and shapes that are all the same. So touch all green things or find all things that are round is a fun game to play. You will definitely have a child who is tired after this!!
Guess Who: Take this game with to play in the park: this game is excellent for teaching kids question formation, for example 'Do you have a man with a beard?'
Have a wonderful visit in the park!!

11 Comments to Ideas for the Park:

Comments RSS
Anonyms on July-03-18 6:43 AM
Good Post
Reply to comment

essay writers uk on December-25-18 10:49 PM
Parks are some of the most interesting places to design. As an architect, I have been able to come up with some great designs. I have experience in designing just about anything from buildings to bridges, however, I have yet to design a park. I really wish that I get the opportunity to design a park myself. I think that it will really help me improve both as a person and as an architect, I am looking forward to something in the future.

purplecv review on July-04-18 6:07 AM
As a mother I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog.. Even I personally practice teaching kids with the daily life objects and events. kids must play outside for cultivating a healthy lifestyle.
Reply to comment

Jared Wallace on August-08-18 3:10 AM
thanks
Reply to comment

top custom essay on August-24-18 1:43 PM
Very good blog about the Mothers day and I am so impressed too with your great quality work. Keep sharing your good work with us.
Reply to comment

Catering GTA on October-10-18 2:03 AM
Ocean lovers its time to enjoy because its for you all including me.I am very much excited to see this post.It has many interesting things to notice in this post.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on December-21-18 1:39 AM
d
Reply to comment

civilwarmn.com on December-26-18 3:29 AM
Oh I missed it.I remained quite busy in my thesis so could not visit your page on regular basis.I love to visit such beautiful ideas for park but no problem next time for sure.
Reply to comment

computer science homework on January-24-19 1:18 PM
Ideas for the Park fantastic topic for health-conscious people such nice and inspiring information you have shared. Weather really is too romantic and it calls for romantic music, a log drive with your partner or a long walk in a park.
Reply to comment

go nerdify review on February-03-19 2:29 PM
Interesting post. The vegetables look so fresh straight from the farm. I am surprise to know that violets are edible with cancer fighting properties.
Reply to comment

paperhelp.org review on March-10-19 1:32 PM
Your post has potential but you try to work on your writing services skills you can generate better output in this case.I can see the spark in your work.
Reply to comment